I am a sucker for spicy foods. I like things hot so I have been trying to make do while on the 24 Day Challenge by adding various peppers to meals or by adding a homemade sriracha sauce to different meals. Tonight I realized that one of my favorite meals when out at local Chinese buffets is a spicy Pepper Chicken that is basically jalapenos, chicken, onions, and sauce, so I figured I would try my hand at creating a cleanse-friendly version and think I hit a home run!
- Garlic Pepper Chicken with Noodles
- Clean, quick, and easy Garlic Pepper Chicken with Noodles.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|2 people||10 minutes||30 minutes|
- 8 ounces Chicken Breast chopped
- 6 Cloves Garlic chopped
- 2 Jalapeno chopped
- 1 Cup Onion chopped
- 1 tsp Sweet Basil
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Noodles penne
- Clean the veggies, peel the onion and garlic, and remove the seeds and stem from the jalapenos. Then chop them up.
- Preheat saute pan on medium heat
- Oil the saute pan with an all natural cooking spray and then add the chopped chicken breast.
- Fill a medium sauce pan 1/2 way with water, once at a boil add noodles.
- Occasionally turn the chicken until no pink is visible (shown here) and then add chopped onions, garlic, and peppers
- Add sweet basil to the chicken, onions, garlic, and pepper mix and then mix it all up (shown here). Once stirred place cover on the pan.
- Once noodles have finished cooking strain them, but do not rinse them (you want some of the starchiness to soak up flavors when you mix with the veggies).
- Add the noodles to the veggie mix and stir generously. After stirring for 2-3 minutes you're ready to serve!