I am a sucker for spicy foods. I like things hot so I have been trying to make do while on the 24 Day Challenge by adding various peppers to meals or by adding a homemade sriracha sauce to different meals. Tonight I realized that one of my favorite meals when out at local Chinese buffets is a spicy Pepper Chicken that is basically jalapenos, chicken, onions, and sauce, so I figured I would try my hand at creating a cleanse-friendly version and think I hit a home run!
Are you on the 24 Day Challenge but really missing that hearty grilled steak taste? Check out this super delicious tuna steak recipe that takes only 20 minutes to make from the time you take it out of the refrigerator to the time it hits the plate. This recipe uses Liquid Aminos, which is one of our favorite finds since starting the challenge.
- Rinse fresh tuna steak under cold water for 30-60 seconds
- Pat dry the tuna steak with a paper towel
- Apply the garlic powder to your tuna fillet
- In a large seal-able sandwich bag add liquid aminos, lemon juice, and your seasoned tuna fillet.
- Seal bag with as little air in it as possible and let sit for 10-15 minutes
- Heat your grill on high (should only take 5-10 minutes with a gas grill, but could take much longer if using charcoal).
- Once hot, carefully spray grill rack with a 100% natural cooking oil such as pam. (Warning: cooking oil is flammable and will cause flare ups). This is an important step that should not be skipped because you need some sort of greasy coating to prevent the tuna steaks from sticking to your grill rack.
- Place tuna steak on grill and dump the remaining marinade over the top of the steak. Quickly place cover back on the grill.
- After 2-3 minutes flip the tuna steak and then place cover back on the grill.
- After an additional 2-3 minutes remove the tuna steak from the grill.
- Ready to serve. Tuna steaks can be served hot, warm, or at room temperature.
Looking for hearty, filling, but health-conscious version of the Hungarian classic Goulash? Look no further for this awesome 24 Day Challenge friendly recipe!
- Clean, destem and dice the tomatoes, jalapenos, sweet peppers, garlic and onions.
- Put the ground turkey in a skillet and cook on a medium heat until browned.
- Heat a large sauce pan on medium heat adding the tomatoes, jalapenos, peppers, garlic and onions.
- Strain the browned ground turkey and then add to the vegetable mix in the large sauce pan.
- Add the whole wheat noodles, oregano and black pepper and then stir generously.
- Add enough water to cover the mixture (typically 1 to 2 cups total). Reduce the heat to low and then cover.
- After 30 minutes your goulash will be ready, remove from the heat and serve up a delicious bowl.
All products used were 100% natural. All vegetables and spices were from the vine. The meat was 100% natural no GMO ground turkey. The pasta I choose was Barilla Whole Grain Medium Shells.
Not really a morning person, but still looking for a quick and easy way to have a healthy cleanse-friendly breakfast? With only 5 minutes of prep time you could have Pumpkin Overnight Oats ready for you when you wake up in the morning.
- Add all ingredients into a sealed container or jar.
- Seal container and shake for 1 minute.
- Place container in the refrigerator.